Ozzfest 2011 - Comments? Bands You'd Like to See?

f_darkbladeusf_darkbladeus Posts: 2,613
edited June 2012 in Ozzfest talk
What do you think about the lineup for Ozzfest 2010?

Who do you want to see Ozzy play with in 2011?

Comments

• f_darkbladeusf_darkbladeus Posts: 2,613
    edited 5:31PM
    I'll get started.

First, not to say this as a disrespect to the talent of the bands being featured this year, but the type of bands that are on the tour are way too dark and speed metal for me.

I really had hoped that Ozzy would put together a tour with musicians from across the music spectrum, sort of along the lines of [this is a hyperlink ->]Vegoose. (You have to click "Lineup" to see the bands). Now that was a two day festival (which, by the way? was amazing!!!). But it didn't just stick with all the same kinds of band. So I could get out the freak from all the kinds of music I love. One hour I was the flower child with Franti & Spearhead. The next I was the metal head with Mastadon. The next I was the techno computer geek with Daft Punk. The next I was the political rebel with Rage. Ya know?

I have not a clue who most of the bands playing this year are. While I am open to hearing them and will, I am sure, have a great time regardless, I would not have paid $150 to see Ozzfest if Ozzy wasn't playing. That money (and trust me, in this economy it's tight) is for me to see him period. I am pleased that Rob Halford is there, and I am pleased that BLS and Drowning Pool are also. I am not real sure of Motley Crue. I have distaste for their piggy ways personally with women. We are the other 1/2 of human existance after all, and being filled with silicone isn't our only function. If Ozzy didn't play? I would not see any of those bands, even for the $10 lawn price. I wouldn't bother!

NO DISRESPECT TO ROB HALFORD OR BLS.
  • f_darkbladeusf_darkbladeus Posts: 2,613
    woot.

nobody have a pref?
  • Now that I've SEEN the bands...I still feel the same way.

Along the metal lines, these would be picks for a dream lineup:

=DEFINITELY Halford.=
    Metallica
    Godsmack
    Black Label Society
    Disturbed
    Alice in Chains

Five Finger Death Punch
    Mastadon
    DeathRiders
    Impellitteri

Then in the "other" category?

Three Days Grace
    3 Doors Down
    Close to Home
    Jet Black Stare
    Rains
    Nickelback

• going into ozzfest i was pumped about black label society ozzy and drowning pool and halford, well drowning pool and bls rained out. i didnt want to see motley crue, just not a fan. however i am just hours back from the show and halford (though he is a metal god and his performance proved so)dissapointd a lot of us hoping to hear some preist. but still good. crue on the other hand blew me away with their excellant stage presence. you may not appriciate their attidues or personalitys darkbladeus, but u know they put on one hell of a show. ozzy just rocked no suprise there.

MY DREAM LINEUP
    Day 1.....
    The Who
    Disturbed
    Slipknot
    Motley Crue
    Metallica
    Ozzy

Day 2 .....
    Pink Floyd
    Judas Priest
    Led Zeppelin
    Megadeath
    Ozzy

HELL YESSS
  • going into ozzfest i was pumped about black label society ozzy and drowning pool and halford, well drowning pool and bls rained out. i didnt want to see motley crue, just not a fan. however i am just hours back from the show and halford (though he is a metal god and his performance proved so)dissapointd a lot of us hoping to hear some preist. but still good. crue on the other hand blew me away with their excellant stage presence. you may not appriciate their attidues or personalitys darkbladeus, but u know they put on one hell of a show. ozzy just rocked no suprise there.

MY DREAM LINEUP
    Day 1.....
    The Who
    Disturbed
    Slipknot
    Motley Crue
    Metallica
    Ozzy

Day 2 .....
    Pink Floyd
    Judas Priest
    Led Zeppelin
    Megadeath
    Ozzy

HELL YESSS
  • I would love to see Metallica but that is a stretch, so here is my dream list.

main stage
    6) Stone Sour
    5) Megadeth
    4) Slayer
    3) Lamb Of God
    2) Iron Maiden/Van Halen/Metallica
    1) Black Sabbath
    second stage
    White Chapel
    August Burns Red
    Misfits
    Down
    Killswitch Engage
    Hatebreed
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Sevendust
  • If you could hear "Other" kinds of bands...aside of some variant of metal, would you be game? Who would you want to see. And by other I mean NOT HARD ROCK. I didn't exactly answer that one myself. Perhaps later. But what do you think?
  • I would LOVE to see the following at the 2011 Ozzfest:
    Slipknot
    Stone Sour
    Sick Puppies
    Marilyn Manson
    Skillet
    Metallica
    Three Days Grace
    His Infernal Majesty

That would be rad.
  • I would very much like to see Iron Maiden at Ozzfest 2011, I know about the incident in 2005 but Ozzy and Bruce should really just let it go. I would also love to see Judas Priest, Metallica, Dio, But unfortunately that wont happen, Megadeth and maybe a few others but I cant think of them right now.
  • I would very much like to see Iron Maiden at Ozzfest 2011, I know about the incident in 2005 but Ozzy and Bruce should really just let it go. I would also love to see Judas Priest, Metallica, Dio, But unfortunately that wont happen, Megadeth and maybe a few others but I cant think of them right now.
  • a haa haaa!!! :o0 a stretch to see those bands lol. you forgot Zeppelin tho.

I listened to 3 bands tonight that someone was going to see...Megadeath, Slayer, and Atreyu. The last was the only band of the 3 that I thought had any kind of talent frankly. The others ... meh. I'm not 18-26, male, and hormonally imbalanced lol. different strokes for different folks.

I guess I'd like to see a change, not just all "METAL" bands. or, if they are all metal, make it more like earlier years before it all became death/thrash stuff ...ya know?

• 1.MOTORHEAD
    2.MONSTER MAGNET
    3.SPIRITUAL BEGGARS
    4.BLUE OYSTER CULT
    5.FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
    6.CANDLEMASS
    and will open the gates of hell.
  • Well, I'll have to give a listen to some of those bands. But Blue Oyster Cult, wow. I saw them in 1980 and man were they boring in concert. Unless they've changed things up dramatically my vote is "hit the buzzer Charles, bannnnh. no way." I will give a listen to some of those other bands tho.
  • Ozzy
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Marlyn Manson
    Rob Zombie
    Mudvayne
  • Ozzy
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Marlyn Manson
    Rob Zombie
    Mudvayne
  • soulssouls Posts: 8
    The Sword
    Cavalera Conspiracy
    Metallica
    Danzig
    Alice Cooper
    Judas Priest or Halford
  • I'D like to see....:
    a7x

iron maiden

rob zombie

alice cooper

K.I.S.S

five finger death punch

AWSOMENESS
  • No more OzzyNo more Ozzy Posts: 46

Here are some Headliners for ya and from what I understand real Ozzy favorites...

The Carpenters
    The Butthole Surfers
    Canada Sux
    Euro Weenie
    Butt Fart Magellan
    The Jonas Sisters
    Coolio
    TLC
    Mudd Turtle Menagerie
    Hairy Harry and the Homosexuals
    Lesbian Limbo
    Your Dog Eats Peanut Butter From Your Genitals
    VD Vagabond
    Sore Member
    Sack Lunch
    NutBag Sandwich

There some for ya.

NO MORE OZZY.

• Right on... ok, seems i was asleep

Here's another swipe (ha ha!!! wouldn't you be blown away if you saw all these guys?)

--------------------
    Black Sabbath/Ozzy
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Halford
    Impellitteri
    Mudvayne
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Disturbed
    Motorhead
    Rob Zombie
    Marlyn Manson
    Black Label Society
    Alice in Chains
    Mastadon
    DeathRiders
    Three Days Grace
    3 Doors Down
    Close to Home
    Jet Black Stare
    Rains
  • No more OzzyNo more Ozzy Posts: 46
    Hmmm...I would like to see Ozzy open for the following bands as they could really help his career...

The Bugaloos
    Whiteface
    The Knack
    The Turtles
    The Monkees
    Bloody Mary
    Earth Wind and Fire
    Pablo Cruise
    Culture Club
    PeaBo Bryson
    The Go-Gos
    Pylon