very sad news....I hate to break it to you but....

very sad news....I hate to break it to you but....there will be NO ozzfest this year due to Ozzy Being in the studio recording his new album

He had complained after the relese of Black rain because of the lack of record sales (thanks to free downloading of the new album)

Comments

• im sorry for you ozmanfan--hey maybe next year
    --
    gimpnoid
    http://www.metalofoz.com/
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Man this sucks. i'll have to but several copies of the new album. I hope that he'll at least do a tour for it. Maybe with several concerts in the Tampa Bay area?
  • kalakala Posts: 2,099
    It's not too sad Ozzman, you'll have a new album instead of
  • hey thats true :) i didnt think of it like that
  • yep a new album of ozzy in my collection --yeah f#*king cool bananas---
    theres always a silver lining around any doomy cloud

--
    gimpnoid

• --
    New album...Great...Rock, Ozzfans...
    --
    The darkest
  • i wonder what the new album will be called
  • hmm hey four wonders,,i dont really care what its called ,just so long as ozzy's name is on it lol

--
    gimpnoid
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Posts: 1,557
    edited 8:54AM
    I am ok with there being no Ozzfest this year, imo he needs a good healthy break from all that, him and Sharon both.

And no offense ya all but I personally was disappointed with Black Rain. I found it confusing, and I found it as Ozzy trying to go with a more industrial sound. I also feel as though Zakk didn't sound as mean as he usually has in the past, all in all I just found B.R to be a mediocre effort at best. When ever I have spoken of Ozzy in the past the word mediocre has never been a word I would have used, not ever.

So you can blame B.R not being a huge success on the whole mp3 sharing thing if you want to, but trust me that factor is not effecting many of the artists that are out there currently and selling albums! Its my philosophy that as long as the album is worth the actual buying hearing it before hand doesn't stop a legitimate fan from buying it, again and I stress this, as long as its really, really good! In fact the whole mp3 thing should be a helping factor, not a hindrance of any kind, again my personal outlook an all, I am sure some may differ....

I hope he takes a nice break and concentrates on what he wants to deliver with these last two albums. My suggestion is do what Al from Ministry did, go out with a bang, give it your best. no compromises, nor listen to those who you may believe have your best interest at heart, cus usually they don't!

Instead look at what you have done in the past, Sabbath, the Rhoad years, that's what worked then, and that's what will work now! This bullshit that Ozzy should worry about sounding like Black Sabbath is absurd, why he tries to avoid that is beyond me, I mean wtf he was an essential part of Sabbath, why do you think we all followed his fuckin solo career to begin with, cus we wanted more of what he had done with Iommi and the boys!

Ozzy needs to just fuckin relax and do what hes always done best, surrounding himself with the best new and creative minds that are out there! then let the music come first, then jump the fuck in with both feet, & just let it pour out of him. This crap of this riff or that verse sounds to much like Sabbath, or that’s a BLS riff is total & complete bullshit!

If fuckin Zakk pulls out a mean ass riff then for fucks sake OZZY GO WITH IT!

Much love and respect Ozz, but its now time to shit or get of the damn pot man, now please, please I beg you, rip my fuckin face off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy:"I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy (Rhoads) from getting on that plane." (Ozzy Osbourne, Guitar World Issue 37, 2000)
    I love BR, in fact, is my favourite, but I understand your feelings because it's a different album, not classic "Ozzy style". If we take out our personal taste, i would say the changes in BR shows how good is Ozzy: capable to create new music after 40 years and the lyrics are a message to the world.
    About Zakk, well, I would say it's not his better performance but, again, I thing a good guitar player should be able to change
  • im not going to chime in on this --yes yes i know im very opinionated BUT,,i really like both you ozznoids,, so i have to sit on the fence---hey scapes maybe i'll sit on that fence post in ozzy's back yard lol

--
    gimpnoid
  • Hmmmmm I can't really imagine Ozzy retiring after 2 more albums, He's retired before and that didnt take too long, maybe another "retirememnt sucks" tour in 2015? and i am gonna have to be hanging out with gimpnoid on the the fence post in Ozzy's backyard :)

• i think he should go back to his old sound like blizzard and diary, and let zakk write some good riffs,and write the lyrics with zakk and no one else
  • hey ozzmanfan i dont know how much room there will be on that fence post,but i'll share lol

--
    gimpnoid
    Now I 'd like to share the fence