Guitars for Beginners

Hey you guys. I want to buy a guitar. I can't play one but I want to learn. Kirk tried to show me how to play Nothing Else Matters one day and it was OK as long as his hands were on top of mine LOL but as soon as he took them off it was a disaster......... What should I get HELP....

Love to all

Comments

• well... if you're just starting out, find something cheap... get an epiphone sg, or a yamaha or something... each for easily under $300....... if that's what you're looking to spend? you can get a squire for about $200... so yea.. unless you're looking for something more? or less maybe?

--
    ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN OVER THE TOP
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ALL I KNOW IS
    I DON'T WANNA STOP

• Should I start with an acoustic?
    --
    Goodbye to Romance ----- Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on. ;-)
  • well.. it really depends on what you feel like playing.. alot of people do start with an accoustic.. i started electric and moved on to accoustic once i learned more advanced chord structures... but yea... whatever you prefer.. are you looking to start playing regularly or just something fun to do?

--
    I DON'T WANNA STOP
  • Whatever you do don't go and buy a squire, they never stay in tune, complete junk as far as I am concerned, keep your money and buy anything else but, lol...

--
    "Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus." - Ozzy Osbourne
  • nothin wrong w/ my squire strat. it was a starter guitar. but now im saving for an GIBSON EXPLORER!

--
    keep it real, hard, and heavy as hell
    Bleed Black Label Society
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Posts: 1,557
    edited 11:18AM
    Really? I had nothing but trouble with the one I got a hold of, every ten seconds I had to tune the bitch, lol.

But then again maybe I am just a really aggressive player, some may be ok with the squire, I dunno?

--
    "Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus." - Ozzy Osbourne
  • and i will be takin donations. it will soon be X mas...LOL

--
    keep it real, hard, and heavy as hell
    Bleed Black Label Society
  • I just want to play for fun.. I can play keyboards pretty well. I just want to learn how to play guitar. Kirk told me that if you can't play Nothing Else Matters, you shouldn't be playing the guitar LOL........ Well I can't play it so I need to learn from the very very start....... Egaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads.....

--
    Goodbye to Romance ----- Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
  • haha... Nothing Else Matters is just 4 open strings.. E, G, B,E.. i think you'll get it! you know what? I know you'll get it! ;) hahaha... i'm just fuckin around

--
    I DON'T WANNA STOP
  • roses2008roses2008 Posts: 681
    Yeah that is what he told me..... I think the comment went something like this "If a person can't play Nothing Else Matters on guitar, they should put the damn thing down"......... Can't remember his exact words but that is close... LOL

--
  • Cose? Is that something that is also horse related? lmfao!

--

• Goat. Goddamnet. I meant to say close. Fuck...... I am so fucking done done done done.......
    --
  • Hey Rose, What does "Goddamnet" mean? Is that what God calls his fishing net when he goes to the reservoir to fish? "Wait, where is my God Dam Net? It's "goddamnit". May I suggest opening up another internet explorer window to www.dictionary.com while you post?

Later,

BG.

--
    “The storyteller makes no choice
    soon you will not hear his voice
    his job is to shed light and not to master.”
  • roses2008roses2008 Posts: 681
    Goat... It is close and you know it ......................................I'll go and fix the damn thing....... I want to play a guitar. :-)

--
  • go to a music store and try some body styles out.

• Yeah I think I will. I really want a gibson les paul (always have liked those) but I think that you have a good idea..... :-)
    --
  • Hey OUT-LAW.... You want me to set up a fund-raising event for you to get a new guitar? I may be able to think of something since I have more free time now.. :-)

--
  • I am a firm believer in playing a guitar before you buy it, that way comfort, and sound is what your looking for, for me I usually find it in a fender precision, sorry all you Gibson fans but I am a fender man to the end!

--
  • Yeah since I can't play in the first place, I am gong to look really stupid trying these out in a guitar store. They will laugh me right out of the place. Then when they ask me who taught me, I'll say Kirk Hammett LMFAO and I wouldn't be lying....... LOL

:-) OzzysRose... That is OZZYS Rose..... ;-)

--
  • ozzyholicozzyholic Posts: 4
    i realy like the gibson les pauls ,fender strats too.make sure the body style is comfortable before you buy it